Can I Get Legal Aid For family Mediation
Will I qualify for Legal Aid for family mediation?
This is one of the most asked questions we get asked in our office. There is no immediate answer as an assessment needs to be made of your situation and your financial circumstances.
To make the application process easier, we have an easy-to-use online system, which will guide you through the process. You can start your application for Legal Aid any time of the day or night.
All applications have to go through the website, unless you have a registered disability and are unable to access it. We cannot accept applications in any other way. There are clear explanations and directions throughout the process. A decision on your application will be provided within 7 working days. Do not contact Direct Mediation Services within this period, as your call will not be taken.
Select button below which applies to you:
If you require any further information or examples of the required evidence please check the info below:
- If you are in receipt of Universal Credit, Income Support, Guaranteed Pension Credit, Income-related Job Seekers Allowance or Income-related Employment & Support Allowance, please check on the Passporting Benefits Factsheet.
- If you are applying as Low-income please check the Low-Income Factsheet.
- For people on self-employment visit the Self-employment Factsheet.
- If you are a student, please check on the Student’s Factsheet.
- For people on other situations such as “no income”, homeless or asylum seeker please visit the Other Situations Factsheet.